Thursday, November 17, 2011

AE Employee Profiles - Working with the Crew of 'Sweet Home Alabama'



Shelly D. is an assistant manager at the American Eagle Outfitters store in Mobile, AL. The CMT show 'Sweet Home Alabama' is filmed near the store in Fairhope, Clear Point, and other surrounding areas.

Crew from the show came in to the AE store to get outfits for the cast to wear in the on screen. We asked Shelly a few questions about what it was like to see some of the outfits she helped them style end up on the show.


AE: Were you contacted by the crew of 'Sweet Home Alabama' before they came to the store?
SD: The producers didn't contact us before they came in the store. When they came in, the first thing I noticed was how fast they shopped. I didn't know who they were so I thought some of the comments they made were really odd (e.g., is this dress too shiny?). I started talking to them and that's when I found out they were producers of ‘Sweet Home Alabama.’


AE: What kind of outfits and accessories did the producers purchase?
SD: They bought a lot of belts, shoes, and accessories as well as shorts, non-branded tees, shirts, and a few dresses. When I watched the show last Thursday I saw several girls wearing our denim shorties and midis. One girl wore the short sleeve white peasant top with the red stitching.

AE: What is it like seeing some of the outfits you helped pick out on TV?
SD: It was so exciting to see AE clothes on the show. It's weird to see where you live on TV because it looks so different! On the first episode they met the guy [Tribble] at Bellingrath Gardens in formal dresses so there weren't a lot of AE looks there but I spotted several in the clips for upcoming shows. I can't wait to see all the other AE outfits!