This week’s picks are made by:
- Dave: Assistant Buyer of Licensed Apparel - Die hard Buckeyes fan. Can be seen around the office singing "Hang on Sloopy" and talking about the Big 10.
- Monique: Web Assistant Buyer of Women’s Woven’s – Die hard LSU fan. Can be seen around the office wearing purple and talking about Mardi Gras.
- Dilinus: Associate Buyer of Men’s Underwear and Dorm – Pitt Grad and fan. Can be seen around the office singing Sweet Caroline (GO P-I-T-T).
This game could be one of the most entertaining of the year. This will be an offensive battle as this week’s competitors have averaged over 80 points in their last four meetings. With Heisman Candidate Andrew Luck, arguably both the best quarterback and best player in college football, under center the Duck’s defense will be in for a challenge. Luck is accompanied by a strong rushing attack as well as an impressive tight end corps that will surely keep Oregon’s line and linebackers on their toes.
While Stanford’s offense is highly impressive Oregon’s isn’t too shabby either. Led by quarterback Darron Thomas the Ducks have both a passing and rushing threat. Thomas is accompanied by a speedy and elusive rushing attack featuring: LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner and De'Anthony Thomas. Oregon’s offense could prove to be a nightmare for Stanford’s linebackers if they don’t control the space between the hashes.
With these two high octane offenses squaring up this battle surely won’t be one to disappoint. Will Heisman Candidate Andrew Luck continue his path to a storybook season and potentially and National Championship or will Oregon’s triple threat in the backfield help the Ducks clinch a spot in the PAC-12 Championship?
- Dave: I smell an upset this week! Oregon’s triple threat in the backfield is going to give Stanford’s defense headaches all day long. GO DUCKS!
- Monique: Oregon’s always exciting uniforms are going to Amp up their offense to a victory. Expect the Ducks to take the Luck right out of Stanford this week!
- Dilinus: Stanford all the way! Those ducks don’t have a chance against one of the best QB’s west of the Mississippi!