Monday, November 21, 2011

Get Inspired: What We're Thankful For

It's almost Thanksgiving and we've been thinking about what we are thankful for here at AEO. Everyone is thankful for their friends and family, a roof over their head, and food on the table... but what about the little things that just make life fun? We asked some of our friends around the office what they were thankful for this year.

Jamie, Associate Marketing Manager – Social Media:
  • My dog Morgan. She always puts a smile on my face.
  • Holiday cookies. I have a serious sweet tooth.
  • My family. They are amazingly supportive and loving.
Jamie (in the yellow dress) and her family
  • Boots! I have a small obsession with shoes overall but Fall is my favorite time of year because I can buy new boots and wear some of my old favorites.
  • My 'Cop Wives' - Alicia, Kelli, Chrissy and Kristin. They keep me sane and I am truly thankful for them every day.



Ellen, Social Media Coordinator:
  • I absolutely adore my family, especially my big brother who is currently serving our country in Afghanistan.
Ellen & her brother Craig
  • I am extra thankful for living in Pittsburgh and having an amazing football team to cheer for - Here We Go!
  • The winter would be a lot more brutal without my warm and cozy scarves to keep me warm.
  • I am super thankful for my amazing friends .. the best a girl could ask for!
Ellen (far left) and friends
  • I am always thankful for the barista who serves up my morning lattes!



Janie, Associate Buyer – Footwear and Accessories:
  • Colorful skinny sharpies, I can color code everything and have fun staying organized

    • My newly paved driveway- I won’t get stuck in the snow this year!
    • My boyfriend’s super cheesy pumpkin ziti
    • I’m thankful that leggings and messy hair are in style – I can get ready for work in 5 minutes and be super comfy all day
    • The invention of loop scarves – I don’t have to worry about tying it correctly or it coming undone. And it keeps me warmer!
    • AEO Striped Texting gloves – all my fingers can stay warm while I text and listen to music. The tiny magnetic strips in the thumb and pointer finger really work


    Cassie, Social Media Coordinator:
    • Chocolate. I'm a total choco-holic. I'm always eating almond M&Ms.
    • High heels: I'm really short and need the extra couple of inches!
    • Going to Pittsburgh Penguins games. I usually go with my dad so it is something fun we do together.
    My friend Abby and I at a Pens game - best of both worlds
    • My friends. I don't get to see enough of them because we all work so much and have crazy schedules, but they are always there when I need them!
    • Having a little bit of free time. I never seem to have much to myself so whenever I can lay in bed and do nothing I'm extremely happy.


    Jess, Social Media Manager:
    • DVR – I love chilling out on the weekends and being able to watch the reality shows I’ve missed over the past week. They are definitely my guilty pleasure.
    • Warm Sweaters –Since I used to live in Las Vegas I’m still not used to the Pittsburgh cold but cozy sweaters definitely help with the chill.
    • Twitter – I love Twitter and all of the people I have been able to meet via the Twitterverse. The power of 140 characters is incredible.
    • BFFs – I am so lucky to have the most wonderful group of girlfriends that are there for anything.


    Robby, Visual Flagship Area Manager:
    • Little Sisters—I can’t imagine my life without mine. We laugh, we cry, we travel. And we’re also really good at devouring entire bags of chocolate when we get together.
    Robby and his little sister

    • Direct flights from NYC to Salt Lake City—Trust me. This has changed my life. I used to live in Pittsburgh and getting home to Salt Lake for the holidays was always tricky. Flying from NYC without connections has become a luxury that I’m always thankful for.
    • My Urban Family---Torrey, Amie, Robert, Graham, Rebecca, Eliza and many more. I have some of the best friends in the world. They make me a better person.
    • iPhones, iPads, iMacs—Every boy needs an Apple product or two to keep them connected to the world. Thanks to these amazing gadgets I stay up-to-date on news, music and the twitterverse.



    Torrey, Director of Copy:
    • Grilled Cheese... For real. Simple things like cooking at home (alone or with family & friends) makes me very happy.
    • Travel... I love to learn and experience new things. Whether it’s near or far, for work or pleasure, travel keeps me feeling fresh and creatively inspired.
    • Bicycles...My new bike gets me around the city faster and easier than I ever thought possible. It’s like a magic a carpet and way better than a cab. I call mine the Black Stallion. I’m pretty thankful for the helmet, too. For obvious reasons.
    • Family... Every day is Thanksgiving with my partner Steven & “dog-der”Maebel Jones. I may not have turkey & stuffing for dinner every night but with those two in my life I have everything I need and more.
      Torrey's dog, Maebel Jones