Thursday, January 26, 2012

Behind the Lens: Rodrigo Calazans


We had the chance to meet with Rodrigo Calazans, Brazilian eye candy and the current male face of American Eagle. And yes, he is even cuter in person!

Rodrigo Calazans


You were featured on an episode of Brazil’s Next Top Model. What was that experience like?
Rodrigo was on the ‘male model’ episode of Brazil’s Next Top Model. The girls had to pose in a bed with him.
It was a different thing. It was something I’ve never done. [The girls] were like “Oh my God my boyfriend!”


How do you spend your free time?
I get my camera and take pictures. I also play Capoeira which is a mix of music and martial arts. And foot volley – it is like volleyball but with feet.


What job would you do if you weren’t modeling?
I would  be trying to play soccer professionally or an engineer. I went to college in New Jersey to play soccer, but then started modeling.


What is the best thing about modeling for AE?
Everything! You are around amazing people. You feel at home. The pictures you see are real and true. That’s how we feel when we are shooting them.


What is the coolest place your job has taken you?
Alaska for the Holiday shoot. Fishing salmon was amazing. I caught two. We cooked dinner with the fish everyone caught and ate them.


What would you take a girl to do on a first date?
I’m not very romantic in the beginning. In Brazil we usually go to the beach for the nice sunsets. Depends on the mood.


What was the most fun part of the Spring shoot in Palm Springs?
We would do karaoke at night. I sang ‘Billy Jean’ by Michael Jackson.


What are your favorite items from Spring?
The shorts and the board shorts. I used to wear them a lot in Brazil.


Rodrigo is not only an eye-grabbing AE model, but also an aspiring photographer. Visit his Tumblr to see his pictures.