From Wednesday, October 5th to Sunday, October 16th American Eagle is partnering with Cotton to bring ‘Old Jeans, New Hope’ to AE stores all over the US. Customers are encouraged to bring in their old denim to an American Eagle store and in turn, they will receive 20% off their entire purchase!
What can you donate to Old Jeans, New Hope?
Any type of denim! It can be your jeans that don’t fit anymore, your dad’s old jean shorts you can’t stand to see ever again, or Daisy Dukes from the 1970s! That denim jumpsuit trend didn’t seem to pan out? Bring ‘em in and get 20% off your entire purchase! It’s that simple!
Where is my old denim going?
Your old denim is going to be turned into UltraTouch Denim Insulation. Ultra Touch Denim Insulation then gets sent to communities in need all over the United States to assist with their building efforts. Your old denim is going to help keep someone warm!
Why is Ultra Touch Denim Insulation so awesome?
Ultra Touch Denim Insulation is made of 85% recycled cotton fibers. This insulation does not have carcinogenic warnings, formaldehyde, or any irritating chemicals. You can let babies roll around in Ultra Touch Denim Insulation, that’s how safe it is! This type of insulation has exceptional thermal performance and even helps block out sound 30% better. Can Ultra Touch Denim Insulation get any better? Yes! It has a natural mold and mildew inhibitor. Oh, and did we mention that your denim won’t be taking up space in your closet or in a landfill?
Step One: Take your old denim to AE, get some new clothes and 20% off your purchase!
Step Two: Your old denim gets sent to a recycling company.
Step Three: All the denim is processed back into its original cotton fiber state.
Step Four: Cotton is converted to insulation by Bonded Logic and put into homes for those in need all over the country!
Cotton: From Blue to Green Fun Facts
- Approximately 500 pieces of denim insulate one house.
- 1 pair of jeans makes insulation the size of a light switch on your wall.
- An estimated 1,333 pieces of denim divert one ton of waste from a landfill.
- In 2009, a Guinness World Record for collecting the most clothes to be recycled was set. Over 33,000 pieces of denim was collected to set the record and contributed to the Cotton. From Blue to Green.® program for recycling.
- In total, over 1300 homes have been insulated with denim from ‘Cotton From Blue to Green’s collections.
Still want to know more?
Check out: http://www.cottonfrombluetogreen.org/.
Ready to donate?
Locate your nearest AE store: http://www.ae.com/web/storelocator/default.jsp