Thursday, July 5, 2012

Employee Profiles: Addie P., Lead Receptionist

Addie P., Lead Receptionist at AE, not only interacts with everyone who visits our Corporate Campus in Pittsburgh, but she also helps with all the parts of the AE business, from working with HR to acting in AEO TV episodes! We sat down with Addie to learn more about the cool projects she works on at AE.

Addie P., Lead Receptionist

How did you get your start at AE?
I started at the front desk. When I came here I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, so working at the front desk is a great way to get your foot in the door. From there, I’ve acted in AEO TV episodes, worked in recruiting, and there are lots of projects here and there that I do, so it’s really fun.

What does your job entail?

I am one of the on-boarding partners during every new employees first 90 days. I take them to new hire events and tours. I do a lot with associate recognition as well – High Five Awards, Eagles Elite and service awards. I manage the AE Recruiting Facebook page as well.

The AE Recruiting Facebook Page Addie manages
 
What are your favorite parts of your job?

Getting to meet everyone that comes to the Southside! I get to meet every person on their first day, which is fun. I like the one off projects I get to do from time to time, like AEO TV or setting up for corporate events like the Halloween party or Teammate cookouts.

If you weren’t working at AE, what would you want to be doing?
I would want to be a professional wander luster – I want to travel around the world! Or I’d want to be singing in a band or own my own candy store.

Where are your favorite places to travel?
I’m going to Cape Cod on Wednesday and that’s my absolute favorite place. We have a house in Chatham. I love the Bahamas, too. We used to go to a ranch in Montana called the Bolder River Ranch which was amazing, too.

Oyster Pond in Cape Cod, MA

How would you describe your personal style?
Vintage prep with a bohemian twist.

Do you have any cool hobbies or interests?
I play guitar, I ride my bike and I love photography.

Addie playing guitar.

What are your favorite spots in Pittsburgh?
Shiloh Grill in Mt. Washington is really awesome - their menu is fun to read and their food is great. Hartwood Acres is one of my favorite places to go and take a walk or go to a concert. Tamari is one of my favorite places to eat, too.